It is said that yoga isn’t just good for your body; it’s good for your soul. It looks like most people could avail from a daily practice including everyone from kids to people who want to lose weight, get in shape, and much more. Anyone who particularly needs to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression can benefit from this 10 minutes yoga practice.
10 Minutes Yoga Practice
Getting into the habit of everyday exercise at home might look difficult, but with a little supervision, it doesn’t have to be. All you need is a yoga mat and a sufficient place to lay it out. Check out the 10 minutes yoga practice you can do daily.
Sweeping Forward Bend
- Works for back, arms and legs
- Stand straight with your legs together, arms straight at your sides, palms facing forward. Sweep your arms out to your sides and overhead, stretching tall.
- Bend ahead from the hips (bend your knees if you want to) and push your tailbone back, while you sweep your hands back out to the sides and down to the ground, putting your fingertips beneath your feet. Leave your head to swing, and inhale deeply and regularly while contracting your quads to assist relax and stretch the hamstrings.
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds. Then take your hands to your hips, press your tailbone down, and hinge back to a standing position with a long, straight torso.
- Works for abs, arms, chest, and back
- Lie face-down with your feet together, toes pointed, and your hands on the floor, palms down just in front of your shoulders.
- Lift your chin and smoothly spread your arms, contracting your glutes and lifting your upper body off the floor as far as easily achievable. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
- If you sense any pressure in your back, change the pose so that you keep your elbows bent and your forearms on the floor.
- Works legs, arms, and core
- Bend on the floor with your knees hip-width apart. Stretch your left leg out to the left side and turn the foot so the sole is flat on the floor, toes pointed to the left. Keep your right knee straight below your kip. Align your left heel with your right knee. Turn pelvis to the left so the right hip comes forward. Turn the upper torso to the right. Point kneecap to the ceiling.
- Push arms out parallel to the floor with your palm facing down. Bend left over the left leg and places your right hand on your shin, ankle, or floor along the outside of your left leg. Contract the left side of the torso and stretch the right. Place your right hand on the outer right hip and push your pelvis toward the floor. Slip the hand up to the lower right ribs then left toward the shoulder.
- Sweep your right arm over the back of your right ear. Without pushing your right hip, roll it slightly forward and turn the upper torso away from the floor.
- Inhale as you return to the starting position.
This 10 minutes yoga practice will make a big difference to your body and mind and you will feel the difference in a few days.